Just as regular exercise and adequate sleep are important to prevent a heart attack or stroke, so is proper diet. According to health experts, eating a banana or other potassium-rich food every day can help you stay healthy for a long time.
- According to research published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 1540 mg of potassium per day reduces the risk of stroke by up to 21 percent.
- In addition to vitamins and minerals, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron and folate are found in bananas.
- Eating bananas every day increases the levels of a substance called tryptophan in the body, which in turn reduces stress levels.
- Bananas contain a large amount of iron, which increases the level of red blood cells in the body and eliminates anemia.
- The magnesium in bananas helps in the growth of muscle in the body.
- Bananas contain certain ingredients that increase the secretion of digestive juices. As a result indigestion is eliminated.
- An ingredient called proctin in bananas helps the body get rid of harmful substances.
- Regular banana playing eliminates the deficiency of calcium in the body.
- The fiber in bananas relieves constipation.
- Banana provides energy by relieving fatigue.
- Regularly playing banana is good for skin and hair.
Information: Reader’s Digest